Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ignorance of the law is no excuse!


I have a friend who rarely misses his dinner with his family-not because he is not supposed to-but because he doesn’t want to. He once advised me, “no matter what, come home for dinner because by then you are actually wrapping up your whole day. You will feel good for everything!”

I have a very good habit of helping my sister to clean the Dishes after Dinner (cDaD). During my ‘cDaD- see Dad’ time, I usually find myself in either of the two situations. If I am seen talking to the person next to me then that is probably the second situation I am in because most of the time I confirm myself to the state of utter silence with ‘there is a long to-do-list before bed’ syndrome.

Fortunately, today I was in the second situation. I was talking to my mother while I was helping my sister in Kitchen. We were sharing our updates on the DIG Koirala’s case; the most fascinating of all became the empire of his husband-wife relationship with nearly sixteen women (not sure if it is all true). The frame of ‘sixteen women by a single cop’ motivated me to write something on the ‘Impunity and Rule of Law’ but then another topic bumped into the original conversation.


One of the everlasting trends among teenage youths: Rules are made to be broken! Everywhere we can see how rules are being broken and disrespected. Many times, even I have encountered such phenomenon within me. Last time, I was stopped by a traffic police for exceeding my limits to stop line. He suggested me a token of fine but I tried to outsmart him saying that I was unaware of the line, otherwise I would have stopped it at all ease. Faking my ignorance about the rule was the only thing I could think of getting out of the trouble then. I was close to my goal until he told me to show my license. It was a matter of no big surprise to me-quite obvious-he found it already expired. I was then instructed to have a visit to traffic headquarter!

This event ultimately became a new time-pass story with my friends for couple of weeks. At some point I was comfortable with sharing my stupidity because I took it as an opportunity to demonstrate the ‘I will show him if I find him…’ nature which is not so frequent in me. The same story is what I was telling to my mother during dinner for which I received the moral of my story-Ignorance of the law is no excuse!!!
…..and so now I agree that the dinner time is always a great time to be with your family! Thank you mom for the insight!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy reading!